News of 2022

I greet you, my dear wondering soul, I don't know what brought you here to my extremely inactive blog, but I welcome you! 

To be realistic, I think this entry is more for me than for you. The reason is, that I have no illusions of someone else coming to this site... but it doesn't matter. 


I wanted to create this entry so that, despite the covid's shutdown, this blog still fulfilled its original role, which was to be the unifying unit of my work. Originally, I mainly focused purely on writing, but nowadays I have an urge to visualize my stories. 


At first, I just wanted to do some illustrations to advertise my book, The Dragon Pearl (published in Slovak), but I've been doing various courses on Adobe programs for over a year, and I recently completed an intensive character drawing course. My drawing is far from perfect, but it has leveled up. 


I am definitely the most active on Instagram (there it really pays off to follow me), where you can see the progress of my drawing skills mostly on my Encanto fan art. 


Not to brag, but I want to show you. 😁


These are the drawings I did before the character design course (they are half body because I didn't believe I could do more):


And the following three, although with a slightly different theme, are after the drawing course: 



But let's get back to what I wanted to tell you, and that is that I really want to show you how my stories are featured in my head. Since I don't want to screw up my main book, I want to start to draw my shorter stories to really get a hang of how to do the composition, presentation… etc.  


So if someone other than me sees my webtoons on this site, please comment on them constructively. I am trying to develop my visual language and I need to know if the compositions are clear to you. If you get a clear message and if the drawn emotions are good enough. Also if you have an idea for the colors, please let me know! I actually hate coloring and just because I do it digitally it does not mean that my hand doesn't hurt from it


I will see if I will really post on this site, but if not, you can follow my journey on Instagram, where I am the most active although I still haven't figured out how to force the algorithm to obey. 😅  


My first webtoon: Just a memory 


Comments